The time now is Fri, 09 Mar 2012 10:48:15
Welcome:Guest Gold coins:0 Silver Coins:0 Points:0 Level:Guest New messages:0

3DS - Games & Content

Moderator: admin, brett1, distdude969, 3dsgamer, brenda cassidy,

FirstPage Previous 1 2 Next LastPage   Total  2  Page   Goto Page

Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure Taps Into Action on 21st September 2012

source

European typing woes solved

So you can't type very well, a state of affairs entirely intolerable in the modern day and age, and it's something that has to be resolved promptly. You're also a big fan of Pokémon, and just wish there was a way to improve your typing and indulge your favourite hobby all at once. Well, the dream is a reality, as Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure — announced in the most recent European Nintendo Direct — now has a confirmed European release date of 21st September.

As well as teaching you to type, this title will apparently teach you more about your favourite 'mon and entice you with lots of collectible medals, all with the help of the bundled in keyboard and handheld stand. You can check out the details in the press release below and, remember, type your comments correctly.

Those looking for a fun yet challenging way to practise their typing skills will love Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure for Nintendo DS, coming to European stores on 21st September 2012 bundled with the Nintendo Wireless Keyboard. Research over 400 Pokémon - including Legendary Pokémon - in this unique, typing-based game.

As you take on the role of the latest member of the Elite Typists' Club, your typing skills will gradually be tested to the limit as you attempt to accurately type the names of any Pokémon you come across on your journey to help Professor Quentin Werty and his assistant Paige Down with their research.

Fun for beginners and typing pros alike, Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure starts you off gently, with early levels only tasking you to type the first letter of a Pokémon’s name before moving you on to much trickier exercises as your typing skills develop.

By typing their names correctly you will capture each Pokémon in your Typing Ball, allowing your team to research them. As you progress you will encounter increasingly rare Pokémon, including the likes of Legendary Pokémon like Reshiram and Zekrom from Pokémon Black Version and Pokémon White Version.

The game offers lessons on finger placement as well as other tips to improve the accuracy and speed of your typing. Successfully tackle both aspects to build up combos and earn high scores that will improve your overall typist rank. As you progress you will be able to unlock up to 60 different, challenging levels and go in search of rarer Pokémon to study and up to 180 medals to collect.

Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure comes with a special Nintendo Wireless Keyboard featuring the standard key layout, which has been made to work with this game but may also work with other Bluetooth-compatible products. The package also includes the Nintendo DS Compact Stand that can be used to position your Nintendo DS, Nintendo DSi, Nintendo DSi XL, Nintendo 3DS or Nintendo 3DS XL system as your hands use the keyboard.

Perfect for those looking to improve their typing and for fans of Pokémon adventures, Learn With Pokémon: Typing Adventure will launch for the Nintendo DS and Nintendo 3DS family of consoles from 21st September. For more information, please visit www.pokemon.co.uk.

For further updates, follow Nintendo of Europe on Twitter: @NintendoEurope

how's that for something a little different!up

10 Coins /News Award 10 Coins/ by Brenda Cassidy
Edited By drjudi At 8/16/2012 8:16:28 PM

Signature

Post Thu, 16 Aug 2012 20:15:18
nice one, i saw the pic of the keyboard but did not know it came as part of the package thanks
PostFri, 17 Aug 2012 11:23:28Reply(1)

Signature

Like the idea to type playing a game
PostFri, 17 Aug 2012 11:36:04Reply(2)

Signature

me too pillowslip!Laugh
PostFri, 17 Aug 2012 21:27:50Reply(0)

Signature

maybe finally i would lern lol
PostSat, 18 Aug 2012 02:19:01Reply(0)

Signature

this sounds like it would be a fun and effective way to learnTitter
PostSat, 18 Aug 2012 04:57:00Reply(0)

Signature

Seem interestingSmile
PostSat, 18 Aug 2012 09:56:23Reply(0)

Signature

if they offered this package with a different game, it may catch on for many. i am not a pokemon fan. i have played some on r4i but would not spend money on a game. i do not need the typing lessons but i like the idea behind it. i only wish i could have had so much fun learning to type type
PostSat, 18 Aug 2012 11:36:10Reply(0)

Signature

this could be a fun way to learn for any little (or big) pokemon fan, for the early lessons use the pokemon names for practice...neat huh?
PostSat, 18 Aug 2012 16:07:40Reply(0)

Signature

I love anything that will help people learn 

As you all know I have worked a lot with people with special need s and think this would be an asset in this area

PostSat, 18 Aug 2012 16:24:04Reply(1)

Signature

If they had something like this when I was in school I probably would not have skipped class....but then I had to learn on a typewriter and we weren't allowed to use liquid paper lol
PostSat, 18 Aug 2012 18:50:44Reply(0)

Signature

FirstPage Previous 1 2 Next LastPage   Total  2  Page   Goto Page
View credits policy

Quick Reply

Submit